2021 API Public Service Internship Application for Preview Only
- Residents or students attending schools in San Diego County.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and a descendant of Asian Pacific Island origin.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application (exceptions may be considered).
- Must be currently or to be enrolled in 2021 as a full-time college student (exceptions may be considered).
- A strong interest in civic engagement and community service.
- A strong interest in learning public policy and the legislative process.
- Excellent communication as well as analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with both colleagues and community.
- Professional work ethics and independent time management skills.
- Mature judgment and commitment to following all governing rules and ethics laws.
4. Date of Birth
7. Phone number
8. Mailing address
9. University/College/High School
10.Year of Class
12.Provide two references: name and contact information
13.Submit your resume (PDF Only)
14.Submit your photo
15.Availability: Provide a three-month window for availability. For example: June, July, August, or, August, September, October, etc. Time commitment is minimum 80 hours over 8 to 12 weeks.
You must agree to the following terms to be considered a candidate for internship and qualify to receive Certificate of Internship Completion and scholarship upon completion of internship.
- Interviewed by the internship review committee
- Committed to approximately 60 hours over 8 to 12 weeks for internship
- Attend a half-day Internship Training before internship starts
- Accept the recommended office for internship, interview when requested, and notify ACA or APAPA of acceptance and job description
- Mid and final report of the internship (instruction to be provided)
- Willing to participate in essay contest if called for by sponsoring organizations
- Willing to share your internship experience with peers, sponsoring organizations and community
- Committed to attending graduation ceremony where Certificate of Internship Completion and scholarship are awarded
- Consent to use of your internship information (name, photo, writings etc) by ACA or APAPA, solely for the purpose of future internship and related promotions.
After reviewing the above material, if you are ready for online application, please click here.