API Public Service Internship Application for Preview Only
- Residents or students attending schools in San Diego County.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and a descendant of Asian Pacific Island origin.
- Must be currently or to be enrolled this year as a full-time college student .
- A strong interest in civic engagement and community service.
- A strong interest in learning public policy and the legislative process.
- Excellent communication as well as analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with both colleagues and community.
- Professional work ethics and independent time management skills.
- Mature judgment and commitment to following all governing rules and ethics laws.
4. Date of Birth
7. Phone number
8. Mailing address
9. University/College/High School
10.Year of Class
11.Provide two references: name and contact information
12.Submit your resume (PDF Only)
13.Availability: Provide a three-month window for availability. For example: June, July, August, or, August, September, October, etc. Time commitment is approximately 80 hours over 8 to 12 weeks.
You must agree to the following terms to be considered a candidate for internship and qualify to receive Certificate of Internship Completion and scholarship upon completion of internship.
- Interviewed by the internship review committee
- Committed to approximately 80 hours over 8 to 12 weeks for internship
- Attend a half-day Internship Training before internship starts
- Accept the recommended office for internship, interview when requested, and notify ACA of acceptance and job description
- Mid and final report of the internship (instruction to be provided)
- Willing to participate in essay contest if called for by sponsoring organizations
- Willing to share your internship experience with peers, sponsoring organizations and community
- Committed to attending graduation ceremony where Certificate of Internship Completion and scholarship are awarded
- Consent to use of your internship information (name, photo, writings etc) by ACA , solely for the purpose of future internship and related promotions.